Instructional Designer/Facilitator - Direct Hire
1129 20th st Nw Ste 900 Washington, DC 20036-3555
Job Title: Trainer (3 to 5 years Exp preferred)
Reports To Vice President, Learning & Development -Wanda Bell
Desired Salary: base salary $68k-$84k based on market pricing; Annual Incentive Compensation Target: 7.5% of base salary. Incentive pay is not guaranteed and the actual award can be higher or lower based on organizational and individual performance.
Start Date: Wand said as soon as possible. They want us to move quickly on this.
Department SRR Operations
FLSA Status Exempt
Date July 2019
This position will support all training aspects of the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System & Registry (NMLS), delivering quality training to a variety of audiences. These audiences include state regulatory agencies, industry firms and individuals, CSBS staff and call center representatives. In this capacity, the individual will play a key role in improving the productivity of half of a million people.
The Trainer will identify, develop and deliver training to meet the evolving needs of NMLS users. The Trainer will proactively anticipate and address the needs of all audiences resulting from changes and updates within NMLS and across the regulatory industry. The Trainer will work with stakeholders in identifying and evaluating appropriate training opportunities. The Trainer will serve as a consultant to both internal and external user groups to identify effective delivery methods, conduct assessments and coordinate the implementation of training delivery. The Trainer will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships with both internal and external user groups to improve the use of best practices and industry standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Facilitate on-site training for regulatory agencies and industry representatives; demonstrating system knowledge and expertise to key stakeholders.
• Effectively respond to a variety of agencies’ questions and identify areas of content requiring enhancement based on user questions and feedback.
• Manage training projects and initiatives effectively through the instructional design process, with limited management guidance.
• Create presentation materials and collect necessary data in preparation for regulator and industry webinar training.
• Conduct live webinar training sessions that utilize system resources to demonstrate system functionality and effectively answering attendee questions for both regulator and industry audiences. Complete post-webinar activities in an effective and timely manner.
• Develop strategies to evaluate effectiveness of programs and processes to gauge their success and identify opportunities; recommend program enhancements and modify existing training materials to ensure highest quality for all learners.
• Facilitate discussions on program/project requirements, roles and responsibilities and create tools and resources to support programs/projects.
• Partner effectively with both internal and external user groups to develop project strategies and collaborate with management and user groups to drive strong alignment. • Consult and collaborate with user groups and subject matter experts to monitor, update and/or change training materials as needed. Ensure that training programs are updated and current.
• Develop software simulations of system functionality, selecting the appropriate mode of delivery for each learning activity.
• Manage and complete assigned project activities, from design to implementation, responsible for internal and stakeholder acceptance. Collaborate cross-functionally within the organization and with external stakeholders/vendors on projects.
• Provide direction and support during development and enhancement of system functionality that incorporates adult learning considerations; Provide operational perspective throughout the requirements, development and testing phases.
• Participate as an active thought partner and team member to project teams, including attending regular project meetings and meeting strategic partners regularly to coordinate and agree on strategy and operational direction.
• Work in collaboration with vendors, building respected relationships through effective project planning, product development and review.
• Develop eLearning exercises and courses as needed using the content authoring tool. Storyboard, design, and build eLearning courses for maximum interactivity and knowledge transfer.
• Conduct stakeholder assessments and identify appropriate change management strategies to drive alignment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
• Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent
• Degree in related learning and development field
• 2-5 years of experience conducting technical training for diverse audiences
• Proven success with using and instructing systems in a business environment
• Demonstrated success teaching adults
• Demonstrated ability to create written resource material
• Ability to understand and learn technology and impart knowledge to others
• Business consulting and stakeholder management experience Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of adult learning principles and the application of adult learning principles • Knowledge of video capture software such as Camtasia and eLearning software
• Demonstrated experience applying sound instructional design methodology to projects in a business environment
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong project management skills
• Technical aptitude with systems; understanding of operational programs
• Ability to conduct needs assessment and develop training courses to meet user needs.
• Ability to work in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders, management and team members
• Ability to work in fast paced and complex environment
• Experience with MS Office Suite, Camtasia and Articulate Storyline required
• Strong analytical, multi-tasking, documentation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.